The family residence permit in Turkey is regulated by Articles 34 and 37 of the Law on Foreigners and International Protection. It is considered a short-term residence permit to ensure family unity.
This residence permit type is granted to the foreign national spouse and his or her, or spouse’s children who are younger than 18 years old. A family residence permit does not cover your parents or other relatives. However, they can still apply for a touristic residence permit by meeting certain requirements.
What Else Do You Need to Know About Family Residence Permit?
The family residence permit is granted for three years, and it will not exceed the residence permit of the supporter. In other words, the person who applies for the residence permit for his or her spouse, children, or spouse’s children.
- The supporter must meet the following conditions for the validity of the family residence permit. If he or she fails to meet them, the application will be rejected, or the permit will be canceled.
- Health insurance covers the supporter as well as the people who will get the family residence permit.
- The income of the supporter should be at least one-third of the minimum wage for each person in the family.
- Supporters must not commit any crime against the family order in the last five years.
- The supporter must reside in Turkey for a year and he or she must be registered in the address registration system.
- The spouse should not be younger than 18 years old.
If the supporter or the people who the supporter is going to apply for a family residence permit cannot meet the above-mentioned conditions, they will not be able to get the permit. On the other hand, if conditions may change after the approval of the family residence permit, it will be canceled by the government without waiting for the expiration of the permit.